I’ve always valued customer service. I’ve always wanted to help people.
When I was a kid, it was at my grandfather’s bait shop. Later, I managed a restaurant. Today, I bring that passion to life by ensuring clients have the right financial plan in place. That includes insurance protection for when they and their families need it most.
I was born and raised in Tomahawk, where my grandfather was one of the last people in the state to make ice the old-fashioned way -- taking ice from the lake, cutting it, covering it with sawdust, and selling it door-to-door, all the way into the 1980s. For my first job, I worked at my grandpa’s bait shop when I was 10 or 11 years old, bailing boats and icing down and cleaning fish. (Ice was just 7 cents a pound those days.)
I studied hotel and restaurant management at the University of Wisconsin-Stout, working for a short time as a restaurant manager in Chicago before joining Prudential Securities in 1988. That’s how I began a more than 30-year career in financial planning, investments and life and long-term care insurance.
I worked at Waukesha State Bank, Chase Waukesha, Bank Mutual of Oak Creek, and MPC Advisors before joining Don and his team as a financial advisor in 2020.
I’ve had a lifelong passion for hockey. I played goalie for Tomahawk High School. I went all in on the Chicago Blackhawks when I was in the Windy City. And I now collect historic hockey cards, especially from the rare Topps set from 1965, my birth year.
I’m a huge baseball fan. I remember in high school listening to the Brewers on my transistor radio while I was on the lake ice fishing. Now, I’m a Brewers season ticket holder, and my son is on the Brew Crew at American Family Field.
Five Questions with Karl Weizenicker
- Dream job when you were young: I wanted to own my own lodge or resort -- either Up North or on a tropical island.
- Dream vacation: Europe -- Germany, Austria, Belgium. I’m a history nut, especially World War II. I have relatives from Holland.
- Dream retirement: I want to own a big house, maybe on an island, where my family and friends can come and hang out -- ride ATVs, shoot, hunt, swim.
- Dream dinner with these three people: Hockey Hall of Fame goaltender Ed “Eddie the Eagle” Belfour -- my son is named after him -- Vince Lombardi, Ronald Reagan.
- Dream event to attend: The Milwaukee Brewers in Game 7 of the World Series. A close second -- the Chicago Blackhawks in Game 7 of the Stanley Cup Final.